In the last few days, news has come in of at least four club members contracting COVID. One of those affected also has a spouse who is a regular. Some of these players have attended club sessions in the last five days.
Up to now, players who have gone down with the virus appear to have caught it through outside contacts. Unfortunately, it looks as if the latest victims may have contracted the illness within the club.
In the light of this, the Committee has decided that all members should be informed of the situation so that each can make her/his own decision about attendance. We feel we should also warn you that if more cases appear in the next 24 hours, we will close the club at short notice. Clearly, this would have an impact on Saturday’s tournament. We are reluctant to cancel the event, but we do have a duty of care as a Committee, both to our own members and to players from other clubs.
If you know of members who will not see this notice could you please inform them of the current situation.